Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things That I'd Rather Be Doing

This Pillow Book entry is inspired by The Pillow Book of Sei Shōnagon, translated and edited by Ivan Morris. Sei Shōnagon was a courtesan in 10th century Japan who kept a diary of the goings-on at court and concealed it in her wooden pillow. She made lists under various categories of specific, often quirky things.

Things That I'd Rather Be Doing:

Reading a good book. I'm currently waiting for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to arrive via half.com. Sleeping:  "to sleep perchance to dream." Talking to my husband and best friend. Playing Boosh - my husband and son like to make up their own words for things.


Definition:
Boosh.  noun.  a game of wrestling and tossing around of each other on a very big bed with very soft covers.  The game continues until one or more persons can't stop laughing or pees themselves.  The sound one makes as one is tossing another onto the bed during a game of boosh.  verb. the act of playing boosh.  Ex. Later, I'm going to boosh you seriously.


Reading a story to my son and kissing him goodnight.  It takes quite a while because after we read Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book I have to kiss each toe good night.  And then each finger. And then his tummy, and eyes, and ears, and nose, and so on until he finally stops giggling enough to close his eyes.

Taking a walk in the gorgeous neighborhoods that surround our home in Fort Worth, TX.  Sidewalks are nice and safe.  Parks are close and many.  Our very favorite destination is a waterfall at Roaring Springs Park.  It is always an adventure for my son and an adventure for us to view the world anew through his blossoming eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. Constructive criticism and helpful tips are welcome.