Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things to Have a Dream About

This Pillow Book entry is inspired by The Pillow Book of Sei Shōnagon, translated and edited by Ivan Morris. Sei Shōnagon was a courtesan in 10th century Japan who kept a diary of the goings-on at court and concealed it in her wooden pillow. She made lists under various categories of specific, often quirky things.





Things to Have a Dream About:


Flying (I've only dreamt this once and I couldn't get the hang of it. I was going feet first and awkwardly trying to manipulate my body in it's weightless state)

Being pampered

Who my son will turn into ~ I wouldn't miss the process ~ I just want a little peek

Wearing the perfect fashionista outfit (that may sound childish, but it's in me)

Beginning to fall in love ~ the anticipation and excitement of not-knowing, being afraid of a wanted kiss, heart racing when he walks into the room. The security and maturity of marital love is wonderful, but it's different.  Danger is lovely. I remember being afraid to say "I love you," because he might go away. When I met my husband we were both afraid to let go and trust that we wouldn't be hurt again. I fell in love when he told me it was okay to cry. He said, "I'll fix you and then you'll move on. That's what always happens."  I proved him wrong and haven't felt worthless since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. Constructive criticism and helpful tips are welcome.