Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile

This Pillow Book entry is inspired by The Pillow Book of Sei Shōnagon, translated and edited by Ivan Morris. Sei Shōnagon was a courtesan in 10th century Japan who kept a diary of the goings-on at court and concealed it in her wooden pillow. She made lists under various categories of specific, often quirky things.





Things That Make Me Smile:

My son. He always makes me smile with his darling smile and clever sense of humor.  I can't even get mad at him without breaking into a grin at his puppy dog face.

My husband when he is genuinely interested in everything I do.  I love that when I get excited about something, he always matches my enthusiasm with the same interest and delight.

A beautiful flower. The wind in my face right before it storms. When it's not too hot and not too cold.  "Knowing God forgives my sins. Blessings Everywhere."

Seeing my son learn something new, or discover something that I've grown accustomed to for the very first time.

When my current favorite song plays on the radio. Getting a package in the mail.  Finding a penny. An unexpected kind word.  When you pass a stranger on the street and they flash a huge grin.

Being Tired Silly.  Definition: When one is so exhausted that the whole world becomes a surreal, hilarious experience.  This condition is usually accompanied by a serious case of the giggles.  WARNING do not operate a motor vehicle while suffering from Tired Silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. Constructive criticism and helpful tips are welcome.